There are moments in life when we are so overwhelmed with kindness that we don't know how to repay it.
Whether it's a stranger who helps us out in a time of need or a loved one who does something special for us, these moments can touch our hearts and stay with us forever.
But even though we may not be able to fully thank them, we can still do something to return the kindness.
Here are 50 random acts of kindness you can use to pay someone back, build healthier relationships, or make a stranger smile!
Kindness Acts For Strangers:
- Share a meaningful compliment
- Put coins in an expired parking meter
- Plant a tree
- Let a stranger cut in front of you
- Pay the car’s behind your fast-food meal
- Let someone else take the best parking spot
- Give up your seat on a crowded bus or subway
- Return a stranger’s grocery cart at the store
- Hold the door open for a stranger
- Pick up a piece of litter on the street
Kindness Acts For Coworkers:
- Buy the office breakfast
- Compliment your co-worker performance
- Make a DIY Birthday Card
- Refill the coffee maker when it’s low
- Donate a Vacation or Sick Day to a colleague
- Post sticky notes with funny or inspiring messages on computer screens
- Stay late for a coworker who has an emergency
- Mentor a new employee
- Write a thank-you note to someone who has helped your career
- Tell your boss one thing you love about him/her
Kindness Acts For Neighbors:
- Walk your Neighbor’s dog when they have to stay late at the office
- Make a batch of cookies and gift them
- Offer to babysit your neighbors' child for free
- Make dinner and invite your neighbors over
- Help them with yard work
- Scrape ice off their car windshield when it snows
- Compliment a feature on your neighbor's home.
- Leave an appreciation letter in their mailbox
- Buy them a housewarming gift
- Host a fundraiser if they need help financially
Kindness Acts For Friends:
- Write a poem about how much they mean to you
- Give a friend a scrapbook of favorite memories
- Host a dinner to celebrate them
- Tell a friend what you love about their children
- Plan a surprise trip to a place they always wanted to visit
- Cover their expenses for the month
- Offer to pick up a friend at the airport
- Donate to a friend’s favorite charity in their name
- Take them on a spa day
- Give them a book you love
Kindness Acts For Family:
- Call your family member and say I love your
- Do chores for a family member
- Write a sweet note and put it in places you know they will find
- Let your spouse sleep in, and you complete the morning chores
- Make a “Reasons I Love You” Jar and fill it with small paper mementos
- Be on time and attend events
- Spend quality time doing something they love
- Host a party in their name
- Pay their expenses for a month (Family likes their bills paid too!)
- Surprise them with a little treat
We hope you enjoyed this list of 50 random acts of kindness, we hope it will inspire you to pay it forward.
Nothing brings more happiness into the world than making someone else smile, so please share this with your friends and loved ones.
And if you have your own ideas for ways to show kindness, please let us know in the comments!